Vetting a tenant, what is required and who pays?

You are here : Member Forums Tenancy Types and Management Vetting a tenant, what is required and who pays?
This topic has been locked as no posts have been made within the last 90 days.
T
TAE28
5 Posts
1 Thanks
Apologies if this is not the correct category as I am a first time poster on this site.
In the past I have always used a letting agent to find and vet a tenant and do inventory and check in, but done everything from then on myself. I have been approached by a potential tenant of a new property that I will be letting out in November 2015. I know I can do the credit check via RLA but what other details should I be checking other than those I have thought of below and would I pass on the cost of checks to the tenant, or share the cost as neither of us will have to pay fees to the letting agent. My thoughts for details to check are - recent bank statements, pay slips, reference letter from employer stating salary, time in employment and contract hours, temp or permanent. Benefit awards (if any) CSA (if any) and current landlord reference. Any help much appreciated.
25/02/2015 15:33

Want to read more?

This is a members only forum, if you want to read more you need to login to your membership, if you are not a member, click here to join.

This topic has been locked as no posts have been made within the last 90 days.
Landlord & Investment Show
Martin Co
Six Hills House
Landlord Broadband