Tenant vacating but .....

You are here : Member Forums Tenancy Deposits Tenant vacating but .....
This topic has been locked as no posts have been made within the last 90 days.
Forum Avatar
bini
326 Posts
35 Thanks
Hi ,

My tenant is moving out tomorrow, i have been at the property yesterday , not for final inventory but to get idea about the condition of the house. Tenant has painted every room in lilac colour, we always have used magnolia for every rooms, Tenant didn't ask for permission to paint , her deposit is 700 , tenancy originally started in oct 2010 with this lady and her boy friend , where boy friend only was on contract , then they got separated in oct 2013, where we sign fresh 2 years tenancy on the lady's name and man was out of the house , so she is actually in contract with me till oct2015 , the reason she is leaving us that during the last inventory ,jan 2015 , we found another woman with 2 kids in that , she confess that she is charging her half the rent and when we said we not allowing you to do that , she asked us to put the other lady in the contract and we were not happy adding her name so we said sub letting tenant must go out otherwise we are throwing section 8, ground 12 notice on you, so she is moving which is good,
Approx 250-300, will cost me me to repaint from lilac to magnolia , in oct 2013, we painted whole house magnolia just before we served her fresh contract, so can i charge her for painting lilac and how do i calculated fare ware and tare here?
Pls advice .

Thanks
Bini

26/02/2015 10:59

Want to read more?

This is a members only forum, if you want to read more you need to login to your membership, if you are not a member, click here to join.

This topic has been locked as no posts have been made within the last 90 days.
Landlord & Investment Show
Martin Co
Envirovent
Landlord Broadband