Maureen

You are here : Member Forums Letting Agents Maureen
This topic has been locked as no posts have been made within the last 90 days.
S
SMB
7 Posts
0 Thanks
A Letting Agent has allowed a tenant to sign the Tenancy Agreement without my permission. Do I have any redress against him or the tenant? Although I engaged the letting Agent in a 'find tenant only' including checking references. I also made it clear to them that I needed to see these references so that I can take out Legal/rent guarantee insurance. The tenant has supplied an employers reference which states he is self employed earning 55k a year but my check on his employer shows that the company was dissolved several years ago but the manager of that company is the same person who has signed his current letter of employment. Although trading in the same name as the first company, no record seems to exist of it trading and the address on the letter head seems to indicate the use of a post box service. My request for a landlord's reference has been supplied by his apparent employer stating he was a tenant in their property. This is a lie. His employer does not own the property or pay rent for it. Repeated requests for bank statements have been ignored instead he provided details of a pre- paid credit card supplied by a Finance Company who advertises that no credit checks are made on customers! I am extremely concerned about his ability to pay rent but I am furious that the Letting Agent appears to be negligent in checking his references thoroughly and although I made it ABSOLUTELY CLEAR (in writing)that this person could not move into the flat until I was satisfied with his references they have ignored my instructions and allowed him to take over the tenancy. Can you advise what I should do now>
28/02/2015 14:37

Want to read more?

This is a members only forum, if you want to read more you need to login to your membership, if you are not a member, click here to join.

This topic has been locked as no posts have been made within the last 90 days.
Landlord & Investment Show
Martin Co
Envirovent
Landlord Broadband