Letting agent not showing me deposit has been lodged with scheme

You are here : Member Forums Tenancy Deposits Letting agent not showing me deposit has been lodged with scheme
This topic has been locked as no posts have been made within the last 90 days.
A
Accidental llord
17 Posts
0 Thanks
Hello
I used an online letting agency to find new tenants for a property I let a month ago. Iíve since paid them a fee, a tenancy agreement has been signed and the tenants moved in on 1 February 2015. The agency said that they will put the tenantsí deposit in the Deposit Protection Service. I have asked the agency to send me proof that the deposit has been filed several times. I notice on the DPSís website that this has to be done within 30 days. Weíre now in March and I donít have evidence that this has been done. Perhaps the agency has done this and simply hasnít got round to telling me or perhaps they havenít. I have no idea. Firstly, what are my rights? Is it my right to demand to see proof? Secondly, if the agency donít cooperate and show me proof that the deposit has been put into a protection scheme, what can I do?
Thanks
01/03/2015 17:32

Want to read more?

This is a members only forum, if you want to read more you need to login to your membership, if you are not a member, click here to join.

This topic has been locked as no posts have been made within the last 90 days.
Landlord & Investment Show
Martin Co
Envirovent
Landlord Broadband