BOND DATES ARE WRONG

You are here : Member Forums Tenancy Deposits BOND DATES ARE WRONG
This topic has been locked as no posts have been made within the last 90 days.
K
Karry G
238 Posts
35 Thanks
I rented a property to two DSS tenants last November and the bond of 400 was paid to me by the Council - eventually - I registered it as soon as it arrived .

However , the tenants are now in serious rental arrears and I would like them out so I will be using Section 21 (1) (B) .

When I filled in the forms , I was horrified to find that when I had registered the Bond , through this site, I had put the end date of the tenancy as the 26th March 2015 instead on the 26th April 2015 - genuine input error - the Shorthold Agreement , Section 21 etc .is all dated correctly .

I emailed the TDS yesterday and they were unable to do anything about his, suggesting that I re-registered the bond on the 26th March 2015 - but the last thing I want to do is issue these people with a new tenancy agreement - all I want is an extension of the bond to the full 6 months - 6 months that I paid for .

I am actually quite annoyed - with myself for not checking obviously, but also with the TDS as I have paid to register than bond and I have paid the same amount for five months cover as I have for the six months cover I really wanted.

The last thing I want is for this to all fail in Court because the documentation is incorrect .

The bond was sent to me by the Council who are not interested in how long it takes for the bond to get to us or the fact that we can be in breach of the law for us not to register the bond within a certain period.

Any help would be appreciated .

Thanks
04/03/2015 15:41

Want to read more?

This is a members only forum, if you want to read more you need to login to your membership, if you are not a member, click here to join.

This topic has been locked as no posts have been made within the last 90 days.
Landlord & Investment Show
Martin Co
Envirovent
Landlord Broadband