Insurance claim for burglary

You are here : Member Forums Tax Planning and Financial Insurance claim for burglary
This topic has been locked as no posts have been made within the last 90 days.
P
Pui
22 Posts
1 Thanks
Hi everyone, I hope I am in the right forum, but if not, please advise where I should go.

One of my properties was burglarised last week in a late afternoon. My tenants have been traumatised since they found the front door was broken into a few pieces, the whole place had been flipped up side down, and lots of her belonging were stolen. She called the police, and at the same time I tried to find a locksmith at 6:30pm, asking for an immediate service including bringing a new door to replace my damaged one. But I called many local locksmith at that hour but none of them got any door in their vans. I even got a verbal warning by the police (on the crime scene) that I will be held full responsibility for tenants's safety and a new door must be installed the same night. After another 5 more calls, I finally found a locksmith who could come with a door-size panel to rebuild a temporary door on top of the damaged one within 1 hour, and secure the safety of my tenants for a night. For that reason, I got only one written quote for the job.

My problem now is that the insurance company asked for two estimates for the job. I don't know what to do, as I indeed got one written estimate, and the rest of them were obtained verbally over the phone. Given the urgency of the situation, do you think I stand a good chance to fight for the repair cost being covered while I only provide one estimate/invoice black and white? Any experience and advise will be highly appreciated. Thanks!
10/03/2015 17:23

Want to read more?

This is a members only forum, if you want to read more you need to login to your membership, if you are not a member, click here to join.

This topic has been locked as no posts have been made within the last 90 days.
Landlord & Investment Show
Martin Co
Envirovent
Landlord Broadband