COUNCIL HAZARD AWARENESS NOTICE

You are here : Member Forums Campaigning and Policy COUNCIL HAZARD AWARENESS NOTICE
This topic has been locked as no posts have been made within the last 90 days.
N
nbarron
14 Posts
0 Thanks
Hi can anyone advise me of the legality of the following and whether i must carry out the works will try and keep it brief:

Received a hazard awareness notice, statement of reasons and a representation form which i must complete by 8th Novemebr 2011.

It is in relation to a 3/4 bedroomed student house (it has 3 bedrooms upstairs) however i only have 3 students in the property and have converted the seperate dining area (ground floor) into a bedroom and the small 3rd bedroom on the 1st floor is not used. They are all on an AST.
The council officer arrived after a call from one of the tenants (i had not been contacted by tenant or officer ) regarding a leak which had not been repaired and upon his visit has insisted the following work to be completed by April 2012.
Just to note i had placed an order with a builder to repair the leak some 3 weeks ago, i today have appointed another contractor.

The council require:
1. The leak repaired under a hazard 2.
2. Provide and install all new frames/doors internally to a standard of fire inegrity of 30 minutes.
3. Self closer to all fire doors.
4. Supply all fire doors with escape locks
5. BS 5839 Detection system to BS 5839 Part 6 Grade D. (can this be wireless).
6.Optical Smoke detectors
CAN YOU PLEASE ADVISE ME IS ALL THIS LEGALLY REQUIRED AS I THOUGHT PROPERTIES WITH 3 NON RELATED TENANTS ON TWO FLOORS (NON RELATED BUT ON ONE AST) DID NOT REQUIRE THE ABOVE.

Many thanks
Norman

18/10/2011 00:00

Want to read more?

This is a members only forum, if you want to read more you need to login to your membership, if you are not a member, click here to join.

This topic has been locked as no posts have been made within the last 90 days.
Landlord & Investment Show
Remove a Tenant
Landlord Broadband
John Pye Auctions