Join the Residential Landlords Association

Lettings Agent 'Find Me a Tenant'

You are here : Member Forums General Discussion Lettings Agent 'Find Me a Tenant'
Tricia
Tricia
2 Posts
0 Thanks

I used a lettings agent to 'find me a tenant'. Unfortunately the tenant was a nightmare from the start and breached the contract on several issues, including 'antisocial behaviour' when the police had to intervene. I successfully gained 'order of possession' using accelerated procedure. The tenant paid 6 months rent upfront less the commission etc of lettings agent initially. I have put the tenants deposit with TDS. The tenant left without giving a forwarding address and having not paid 2 months rent! Since leaving, the property has required a deep clean, changing locks, lawn is waist height, cigarette burn holes in carpets and more!

BUT the main reason I am on the forum is to ask folks opinions:- regarding the fact that the tenant has left paperwork showing that 2 debt collectors are in pursuit and HM Revenue & Customs. Do I have a good case to put in a formal complaint for poor credit checks and referencing?

05/07/2019 13:07

Want to read more?

This is a members only forum, if you want to read more you need to login to your membership, if you are not a member, click here to join.

Landlord & Investment Show London Olympia 2019
Ideal Flatmate
99 Homes
John Pye Auctions