Join the Residential Landlords Association

Informal request to vacate

You are here : Member Forums Possession - Section 8 and Section 21 Informal request to vacate
John Kent
John Kent
4 Posts
0 Thanks

I'd like to send my tenants a letter saying I'd like them to vacate the property, and give them 3 months to leave.
Then, to follow correct procedure, issue them with a Section 21 a month later giving them 2 months notice (contract has expired and they pay monthly).

My reasoning is that I'd prefer they leave on good terms, with sufficient notice to find somewhere else.

Is there any reason I should not do this? Would it jeopardise court proceedings (if it came to that)?

08/07/2019 12:51

Want to read more?

This is a members only forum, if you want to read more you need to login to your membership, if you are not a member, click here to join.

Landlord & Investment Show London Olympia 2019
Ideal Flatmate
99 Homes
John Pye Auctions