Information to issue section 21 correctly
I have been looking to issue section 21 to one of my tenant (cpl) who lives in a room in a shared house (not hmo).
I have few queries, please advice:
- The tenancy agreement is in the name of couple, but tenancy agreement does not have mr or mrs in front of Both their names. And I am not sure if girl is mrs or miss or ms. So should I put both names in section 21 as is on the tenancy agreement (i.e without mr or mrs title)?
- In tenancy agreement, even my name (landlord) does not have Mrs in front of my name. So, do I put Mrs in front of my name on s21 or no?
Also tenancy agreement was signed on 31/03/2107 and tenant was issued all relevant documents (We used your essential checklist and agreement) - and they signed that they received all them documents. But epc ended after that and I have new one.
- So, do I have to send her new epc before section 21?
- Do I have to also send her new right to rent before sending section 21?
- Recent Gas safety is displayed in kitchen of the property. Do I have to also send her a copy of recent gas safety certificate before s21?
Please advice asap.
Want to read more?
This is a members only forum, if you want to read more you need to login to your membership, if you are not a member, click here to join.