Tenants Keeping a Dog without Permission

You are here : Member Forums Tenancy Types and Management Tenants Keeping a Dog without Permission
This topic has been locked as no posts have been made within the last 90 days.
S
Sean
7 Posts
0 Thanks
Our tenant is keeping a labrador in our 2 bed first floor flat without permission. She is on a one year Assured Shorthold Tenancy & has 7 months left. I have approached her on several occasions and each time she denies that it is her dog saying that it is a friends & the friend popped in to water plants,visiting,etc. The dog was chained to the railings outside the flat one day & went for me when I approached the flat. I asked that the dog is not brought to the flat again & she promised that it wouldn't be. Since then I have heard it in the flat barking & have not had any reply when ringing the doorbell. Other tenants have said they have heard it barking & seen her bring bags of dog food in. It is also fouling the grassed area outside the flats. I have carried out some Facebook investigations & found pictures of her with the dog as a puppy, recently on walks, talking about the dog as being 'her world',etc. What would you suggest I do now - written warnings? When I speak to her she just denies that it hers even though it obviously is. Thank you.
23/03/2015 10:20

Want to read more?

This is a members only forum, if you want to read more you need to login to your membership, if you are not a member, click here to join.

This topic has been locked as no posts have been made within the last 90 days.
Ideal Flatmate
Elfin Kitchens
Landlord Broadband
John Pye Auctions