queries concerning licensing

You are here : Member Forums Letting Agents queries concerning licensing
This topic has been locked as no posts have been made within the last 90 days.
M
1 Posts
0 Thanks
I wonder if you could give me a little advice please. I own a property in Co. Durham which is wholly managed by a local property management company as I live at the other end of the country. I was very recently contacted by them (and on the same day by Durham Council) to say my property was in a licensed zone and I must register, sign up to a list of standards, and pay a substantial fee. My management company have offered for an additional fee to take on the license and I am tempted to agree to this but I have a few queries which I would appreciate help with. Assuming they become the licence-holder for the property, would they bear the legal responsibility for upholding the licence conditions, or would that remain with me as the owner of the property? ALso, if they do take the licence, does that have any implications should I wish at some point to sell the property? And lastly, would them becoming licence-holders make it more difficult, or even impossible, if I decided in the future I wished to change to another property management agent?
23/03/2015 20:28

Want to read more?

This is a members only forum, if you want to read more you need to login to your membership, if you are not a member, click here to join.

This topic has been locked as no posts have been made within the last 90 days.
Landlord & Investment Show
Martin Co
Six Hills House
Landlord Broadband