Tenants rights over viewings when selling a property

You are here : Member Forums Access Tenants rights over viewings when selling a property
This topic has been locked as no posts have been made within the last 90 days.
M
Mookie
19 Posts
0 Thanks
Dear Sir,
I wonder if you could help?

I have some tenants who have been in the property for approx 4 years now and so have made it into quite a home. So much of a home in fact, that it's a bit of an overstuffed mess...

Anyway, as rents in the area have plummeted and property prices risen quite a lot, it makes sense to sell. I informed the tenants of this 2 months before the end of the current contract, an AST which has gone onto periodical as of last year.

Due to the mess (and the reluctance to move on the part of one of the tenants), I've given them a few weeks to tidy up before the Estate Agents can come in to take pictures for the sale. I've also offered to get the place professionally cleaned at no cost to them, just so the pics look as good as they can.

The Estate Agents contacted me today to say that the tenants have not agreed to the conditions of access for future viewings.

My question to you is: what are the normal arrangements for viewings? Surely the Estate Agents only have to give them 24 hours notice and can then go around when they want to (between reasonable hours like 9am to 8pm)?

I know the tenants have the right to quiet enjoyment, but are there any other legal considerations I should be making (so I don't end up with sitting tenants, uncooperative to a fault)?

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Yours faithfully,

Mookie
25/03/2015 14:10

Want to read more?

This is a members only forum, if you want to read more you need to login to your membership, if you are not a member, click here to join.

This topic has been locked as no posts have been made within the last 90 days.
Landlord & Investment Show
Martin Co
Six Hills House
Landlord Broadband