access to tenanted property

You are here : Member Forums General Discussion access to tenanted property
This topic has been locked as no posts have been made within the last 90 days.
413 Posts
39 Thanks
I have a property on the 8th floor. The plumbing is under the concrete. a pipe busrst and the flat below was getting water damage. the people down below were furious as this is the 2nd time its happening. We got british gas to fix the problem but the people down below were saying the only guaranteed way that it will not happen again is ny running the pipes on the surface rather than being buried in the concrete. Now we have arranged with British Gas to get it done but now the tenant is playing up saying there will be total disruption, there will be drilling which will give head aches, no hot water and no cooking failities etc all of which is true. they dont want to go to a hotel which we agreed to arrange either. It has been let through an agent. Now British Gas wants to gain entry to do the work but the agent said they have gone abroad and are not answering the phone. the tenants wanted us to wait until they leae in June but we are dead scared that there could be another burst. Isnt this considered an emergency and does the agent not have the right to go in while they are abroad?
27/03/2015 15:48

Want to read more?

This is a members only forum, if you want to read more you need to login to your membership, if you are not a member, click here to join.

This topic has been locked as no posts have been made within the last 90 days.
Landlord & Investment Show London Olympia 2019
Ideal Flatmate
John Pye Auctions

Share this page