Do I need a whole new inventory when a good tenant renews their 12month AST?

You are here : Member Forums General Discussion Do I need a whole new inventory when a good tenant renews their 12month AST?
This topic has been locked as no posts have been made within the last 90 days.
N
New Landlord
9 Posts
0 Thanks
Hello,
this may have been asked before, but I could not find relevant answers, so here goes.
We have a good tenant that keeps the house immaculate. They are about to complete their first year of occupation, and we are happy to renew.
We are entering into another 12 month Deposit guard ASTon broadly similar terms.
We assembled a very detailed inventory for the first agreement, and little has changed, apart from our tenant redecorating the childs bedroom, with our agreement.
Can we just compose a covering letter which will agree the inventory to still be correct as signed at the start of first term of tenancy (noting any changes and then to be signed by all parties on renewal)
Or do we need to go through and present all the documentation again( it runs to a lot of pages x3 when we print it!)
I would be grateful to hear of your experiences.
29/03/2015 17:07

Want to read more?

This is a members only forum, if you want to read more you need to login to your membership, if you are not a member, click here to join.

This topic has been locked as no posts have been made within the last 90 days.
Landlord & Investment Show
Martin Co
Six Hills House
Landlord Broadband