Can I serve notice on a corporate tenant

You are here : Member Forums Possession - Section 8 and Section 21 Can I serve notice on a corporate tenant
This topic has been locked as no posts have been made within the last 90 days.
M
1 Posts
0 Thanks
I have just asked the Estate agent who found our corporate tenant to Serve a section 21 on our tenant as he has been causing a nuisance to the other residents in the building. (arriving back at 2.00am and playing music a couple of nights a week, that sort of thing. ) I sent hime a letter saying he was in breach of contract and we were Serving 2 months notice etc. The Estate agent has just sent me an e-mail saying they can not serve a section 21.....

" I am afraid that having read the original Tenancy Agreement which is a non-assured letting agreement (A company rental) which was for a period of one year with no get out clause and the current renewal tenancy for a further 6 months expiring the 17th Sept 2015 you would not be able to serve a section 21...... Given that it appears the Tenant's are breaching the terms of their tenancy by incorrect use of the property i.e. perhaps engaging in unlawful activity and causing a disturbance, you may be able to serve notice to end the Tenancy for breach of these clauses, we recommend seeking legal advise......"

Pls help, i am frantic! Having never been in this position before i just want to know i can get rid of my current tenant and he wont cause a fuss. I already have a new tenant wanting to take the property from mid June. Please please help!!!
Many Thanks
Sophie

14/04/2015 17:52

Want to read more?

This is a members only forum, if you want to read more you need to login to your membership, if you are not a member, click here to join.

This topic has been locked as no posts have been made within the last 90 days.
Landlord & Investment Show
Martin Co
Envirovent
Landlord Broadband