Join the Residential Landlords Association

Leasehold Buy to Let Property Subletting

You are here : Member Forums Tenancy Types and Management Leasehold Buy to Let Property Subletting
Ripped Off
Ripped Off
4 Posts
0 Thanks

I own a leasehold property which I bought as a buy to let. I am currently renting it out. I have been asked by the Management company to pay £130 for the registration of a tenant as I am "subletting" my flat buy to let. I find this extortionate as the management company does not even manage the tenant in my flat. I am not sure what I am paying them to do. In addition to this I pay a huge annual amount of service charges that keeps on increasing every year despite there being no value added to the block of apartments (where my flat is) by the Management Company. They claim that if I do not pay the registration fee, legal action will be taken against me as I will be in breach of the terms of the lease agreement. My questions are:

1. Has anyone who has a lease hold buy to let property come across this requirement to pay for the registration of their tenant who they are "subletting" to?

2 Is this legally permissible?
  1. Is this a fair amount for a registration process of one tenant?

17/07/2019 06:11

Want to read more?

This is a members only forum, if you want to read more you need to login to your membership, if you are not a member, click here to join.

Landlord & Investment Show London Olympia 2019
Ideal Flatmate
99 Homes
John Pye Auctions