Join the Residential Landlords Association

NLA gain from SL in Great Yarmouth

You are here : Member Forums General Discussion NLA gain from SL in Great Yarmouth
This topic has been locked as no posts have been made within the last 90 days.
Caro S
Caro S
55 Posts
22 Thanks

The NLA without consulting local landlords supported Selective Licensing (SL) within Great Yarmouth. Much was made of this in the Consultation documentation as proof SL was the right thing to do. During the consultation process one of their employees came all the way to GY to say how like Oxford GY is and how much they supported the implementation of SL within GY. Those who know GY will see the humour in someone thinking it is like Oxford. Their ex employee who was an NLA rep (who denies this and says he was only a consultant at the NLA) was in for being the third party provider for SL within GY. We have now been told the NLA will be providing the training. Is it just me or does this stink? At the time I continually asked the NLA how many GY Landlords they had as members and they would not answer. I was an accredited Landlord with them however left. I could not stay with an organisation that did not ask landlords opinions and supported Selective Licensing. I now why they did this. It gains money for them and their mates.

Thankfully the RLA did help local landlords and we are able to licence directly through the Council.

18/07/2019 10:29

Want to read more?

This is a members only forum, if you want to read more you need to login to your membership, if you are not a member, click here to join.

This topic has been locked as no posts have been made within the last 90 days.
Landlord & Investment Show London Olympia 2019
Residently
99 Homes
John Pye Auctions