Join the Residential Landlords Association

help with notices please

You are here : Member Forums Possession - Section 8 and Section 21 help with notices please
This topic has been locked as no posts have been made within the last 90 days.
Liverpool Landlady
Liverpool Landlady
39 Posts
2 Thanks

Hi Everyone,
I'd like to ask for help with issuing both a section 8, and a section 21 please.
My tenants 6 month AST in a room in an HMO started on 22/3/19.
So I understand that I can serve him with a section 21, using form 6A, on 23/7/19 ? This being the first day of the fourth month into his tenancy ? I have all the signed evidence from him that he received everything I need in terms of compliance. Gas cert, EPC, correct version of how to rent etc. The house has a HMO licence in place.
However, on Friday 26th July, he will formally be 2 months in arrears. So I would like to serve him with a section 8 too.
I'd like to issue both notices to him by posing through his door on the Friday, 26th July. I will take photographic evidence.
I'd just like to please check my dates on the notices ?
On the section 21 I shall put 29th July ( thereby giving the one working day required for receiving notice ) and put that he is required to leave on 29th September. That giving two full months notice ? Is this correct ?
On the section 8, I shall also put 29th July, giving one working day to receive, and 12th August for “the court proceedings will not begin until after” Is this also correct ?
I just cannot afford a solicitor to help with all this. I have successfully carried out a section 21 before, 10 years ago, all by myself, all the way to bailiffs. But it was so long ago.
Thank you all for any input. Much appreciated.
Liverpool Landlady.

19/07/2019 11:29

Want to read more?

This is a members only forum, if you want to read more you need to login to your membership, if you are not a member, click here to join.

This topic has been locked as no posts have been made within the last 90 days.
Landlord & Investment Show London Olympia 2019
Residently
99 Homes
John Pye Auctions