Letting Agent and DPS scheme

You are here : Member Forums Tenancy Deposits Letting Agent and DPS scheme
This topic has been locked as no posts have been made within the last 90 days.
R
Rosa
17 Posts
1 Thanks

Further to my previous enquiry concerning the deposit on my sons accommodation and now dont know whether the land lord or the agent is at fault. The deposit is with DPS custodial. Their standard template was used. All 4 parents paid deposits for their sons and stood guarantor. The agent charged us an admin fee, collected the deposits, sent us contracts (not theirs but written by landlord it now transpires) sent us the prescribed information which was a standard template downloaded from DPS website, but the section where the names of third parties are written was removed , I compared my copy with the original on the website and section 7 e had been removed . They then passed the deposit to the landlord as a collective deposit. There will be email evidence and phone calls that can prove the landlord knew the deposits were coming from the parents but it may be difficult to prove. To what extent do you think the estate agent is in contravention of statutory requirements? thank you for your time
28/04/2015 13:57

Want to read more?

This is a members only forum, if you want to read more you need to login to your membership, if you are not a member, click here to join.

This topic has been locked as no posts have been made within the last 90 days.
Landlord & Investment Show
Martin Co
Envirovent
Landlord Broadband