If I increase my rents is it classed as a new tenancy and do I have to redo the PI etc

You are here : Member Forums Tenancy Types and Management If I increase my rents is it classed as a new tenancy and do I have to redo the PI etc
This topic has been locked as no posts have been made within the last 90 days.
F
figgy
18 Posts
1 Thanks
I have been a landlord for a number of years and have several tenants on LHA tenancies. Historically I have had a relatively swift turnover of tenants so in the past I have not increased my rents year on year other than when tenants have moved out and new tenants have taken the properties but for the last couple of years my tenancy have been stable. I thought I would like to take advantage of the increases in the LHA rates as several of the tenancies are now below the going LHA bedroom rate.

I haven't ever increased my rents before and I am not sure if I need to give the tenants new tenancy agreements and then serve new PI etc.

Do I have to have the tenants agreements to increase the rent first or can I just send any notice of increased rent to the tenant and to the LHA at the same time so that I don't have to wait for the tenants to move their butts and take the paperwork to the benefits office.

I've had a look around the site but there seems to be an enormous amount of info and having never even touched on the subject before I am not even sure which sections to start to look through.

If anyone knows the answers off-hand I would be grateful for the information but I know you're all busy people so even if you can point me in the right direction to look for the info it would save me having to look through all the site.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Thank you.
29/04/2015 12:31

Want to read more?

This is a members only forum, if you want to read more you need to login to your membership, if you are not a member, click here to join.

This topic has been locked as no posts have been made within the last 90 days.
Landlord & Investment Show
Martin Co
Envirovent
Landlord Broadband