Do I need to be concerned? Re third party wall

You are here : Member Forums General Discussion Do I need to be concerned? Re third party wall
This topic has been locked as no posts have been made within the last 90 days.
K
KT
25 Posts
1 Thanks
Hi,

A few years ago ( not sure of exact date) the neighbour to our rented property demolished a building that adjoined our kitchen. If my understanding is correct that wall is a third party wall as it's in the middle and therefore he should have sought permission with us prior to demolishing it? I was then concerned about our kitchen being structurally sound so got a surveyor in ( also we noticed increase in rising ramp along that wall ( presumable contributed to the fact that he knocked his building down and never protected the wall against external elements or did he rebuild anything) the surveyor confirmed our kitchen was structurally sound and felt that the wall could be more damp due to what had occurred. What really annoys me about this situation is that the guy that did this is a town councillor and should know what he's supposed to be doing!

Now do we just hope the damp doesn't get any worse and just let lie? Should we involve solicitors ( but that could just end up being very expensive?)

Your advice would be appreciated. Thanks
03/05/2015 19:21

Want to read more?

This is a members only forum, if you want to read more you need to login to your membership, if you are not a member, click here to join.

This topic has been locked as no posts have been made within the last 90 days.
Landlord & Investment Show
Martin Co
Envirovent
Landlord Broadband