New Tenant Issues

You are here : Member Forums Maintenance New Tenant Issues
This topic has been locked as no posts have been made within the last 90 days.
S
Sam
6 Posts
0 Thanks
Hi I have a new tenant, young and just moved out of parents - so happy to be a bit more helpful. Had a leak from above flat which I paid repair to ensure fixed immediately. Her bathroom now needs painting, explained needs to dry out. She paid rent late, first time saying was not told who to pay to, yet Agents say was told. Just put down to teething problems.

But she has now pulled the pipe out of the shower unit and flooded the boiler system by turning the valves on (only used to top up system) causing a leak in a radiator. Leaky rad was fixed in 3 days, but shower not for 2 weeks (was usable just dripping water when in use). After accessing to fix I sent an email updating her the work to be carried out (yet not blaming as will pay to have fixed - even though her mis-use) and pointed out that clothes were being hung from the shower curtain pole which is going to cause it to fall down. She has put two holes in the bathroom wall, so reminded her this is not allowed.

I had a torrent of abuse from her down the phone saying she pays the rent and can live in the flat and make herself comfortable, I had no right pointing this out. She said the time it took to have things fixed was unacceptable and she referred to holding back rent. I think she has also got her husband living with her - which was not mentioned at the start of the tenancy.

Can I ask her to leave because husband is breach of contract as not on it?
03/05/2015 23:21

Want to read more?

This is a members only forum, if you want to read more you need to login to your membership, if you are not a member, click here to join.

This topic has been locked as no posts have been made within the last 90 days.
Landlord & Investment Show
Martin Co
Envirovent
Landlord Broadband