Tenants switched utility providers

You are here : Member Forums Access Tenants switched utility providers
This topic has been locked as no posts have been made within the last 90 days.
V
Vicki
27 Posts
1 Thanks
Hello

I received a bill this morning for my rented property, therefore I informed the energy supplier that there are tenants in the house. (which I previously did when I provided old meter readings from the previous tenant and provided the new ones for these tenants)

They have updated there system and are sending them the bill, however they also informaed me that the tenants are switching providers soon.

I understand that the tenants are supposed to notify me of this prior and they may have just forgotten.

I am going to contact them to get the details of there new supplier, i.e date they switch from, metere reading from the effective date, name of supplier.

Is it advisable for me then to contact the supplier myself and declare I am the landlord of the property, or would I just wait until they moved out when i provide the meter readings?

Also if scottish power hadn't told me, how would I have known, at what would happen in such a scenario that they hadn't paid any bills.

I understand as a landlord I am not liable in any way for there usage of supplies. Would they just chase it up with the tenants?

many thanks

25/08/2011 00:00

Want to read more?

This is a members only forum, if you want to read more you need to login to your membership, if you are not a member, click here to join.

This topic has been locked as no posts have been made within the last 90 days.
Landlord & Investment Show
Martin Co
Envirovent
Landlord Broadband