Lettings Agency Renewal Fees - are these legitimate after OFT / Foxtons court case?

You are here : Member Forums Letting Agents Lettings Agency Renewal Fees - are these legitimate after OFT / Foxtons court case?
This topic has been locked as no posts have been made within the last 90 days.
Forum Avatar
Trina
37 Posts
5 Thanks
Morning All. My excellent tenants have just renewed their AST for the 3rd year running. Happy days. I've now received an invoice from the London-based lettings agency who found them for 2000. Not so happy. I'm shocked and thought that the OFT/Foxtons case ruled out renewal fees after two years (I paid the originla finders fee and their 2 year renewal fee last year - through grit teeth then I might add!)? Am I within my rights to refuse payment? I have a direct relationship with my tenants, personally liaised with them to stay and thus the agency only hit print on the AST (all terms remained the same - except the date)! I'm livid and would appreciate some advice regards my rights. Thank you! Trina
08/05/2015 06:08

Want to read more?

This is a members only forum, if you want to read more you need to login to your membership, if you are not a member, click here to join.

This topic has been locked as no posts have been made within the last 90 days.
Landlord & Investment Show
Martin Co
Six Hills House
Landlord Broadband