Join the Residential Landlords Association

A HMO Tenant reports drugs CAT A use by other HMO tenant - should Police be called?

You are here : Member Forums Other A HMO Tenant reports drugs CAT A use by other HMO tenant - should Police be called?
This topic has been locked as no posts have been made within the last 90 days.
Good Landlord
Good Landlord
1 Posts
0 Thanks

Hello, I have recently been informed by one of my tenants (tenant Y) living in HMO property, that new tenant X takes, is in a possession and potentially supplies/shares if not even deals drugs. Tenant Y who reported the issue has spoke to other tenants living in the property and they all agree to the fact that the drugs are 'heavy ones', perhaps CAT A. I don't think they have any evidence, however tenant Y said that tenant X was boasting about this, and that you can clearly see that he is shaking himself due to drags use. I can't see any other option than evict tenant X, however me and my letting agent do not agree whether should police be involved or not. I am aware what penalties there are for drags use/possession etc, however if there's no evidence and the tenant Y would not like to speak to Police as a witness, I don't know realistically, if there's anything police could actually do? If possible, I would also like to avoid unnecessary issues.

What do you think, should I or Letting Agent get Police involved? What would you do in this situation in my place? Have you had a similar situation which you can tell me about? I will be very grateful for any response, I really want to get this right.

Regards,

29/07/2019 23:23

Want to read more?

This is a members only forum, if you want to read more you need to login to your membership, if you are not a member, click here to join.

This topic has been locked as no posts have been made within the last 90 days.
Landlord & Investment Show London Olympia 2019
Residently
99 Homes
John Pye Auctions