Fire regs in non licensable HMO

You are here : Member Forums Campaigning and Policy Fire regs in non licensable HMO
This topic has been locked as no posts have been made within the last 90 days.
R
Rob P
7 Posts
0 Thanks
I am purchasing a newly renovated 4 bed 3 floor terrace house to house 4 new members of staff.
They will pay rent on an all in basis.
I made the mistake of getting the local environmental health officer to check it out as I wasnt sure of the new regs. he even added some extra bits just for good measure-

1 Falls between levels- Lack of protection to second floor windows

2 falls on stairs - No handrails to ground floor staircase, only one handrail to steep first to second floor staircase.

3 Collisions - Low beam to second floor rear bedroom (lacking any padding to soften impact).

4 Dampness - Evident to rear elevation wall (external) below sitting room window.

If this letter had been written on 1st April I would think No.3 was a joke.

He also wants Fire doors with smoke strips, protected hall,smoke fire detectors to BS5446 and BS5839 and em. lighting to BS5266 in the halls.

he also wants it done before occupation, which isnt going to happen anyway.

what jurisdiction has he got and as these are standards what are legally enforcable.

28/06/2006 00:00

Want to read more?

This is a members only forum, if you want to read more you need to login to your membership, if you are not a member, click here to join.

This topic has been locked as no posts have been made within the last 90 days.
Landlord & Investment Show
Martin Co
Envirovent
Landlord Broadband