Issuing a Section 21

You are here : Member Forums Rent Arrears Issuing a Section 21
This topic has been locked as no posts have been made within the last 90 days.
M
1 Posts
0 Thanks
Hi,
Rents are due on all of my residential rental properties on the 1st day of each month so the next time my tenants are due to pay their rent will be 1st June 2015. I have 2 tenants that last paid their rent 1st March and I am yet to receive their rent for 1st April and 1st May.

I have sent them polite rent reminders (letter through their letterboxes) 7 days after their rent was due (7th April), 14 days after their rent was due (14th April) and a final written reminder 21 days after their rent was due (21st April). Since then I have spoken to them and reminded them that their rent is in arrears. In 10 days time they will owe rent for April, May and June.

Both tenants have 1 months rent held in a deposit scheme but I would like to know when it is reasonable to issue a Section 21. Personally I would like to issue a Section 21 as soon as possible but I would like to know if there is a minimum time in which a landlord must wait before he can legally/reasonably issue one.

Kind Regards,

Mr Smith
20/05/2015 13:41

Want to read more?

This is a members only forum, if you want to read more you need to login to your membership, if you are not a member, click here to join.

This topic has been locked as no posts have been made within the last 90 days.
Landlord & Investment Show
Martin Co
Envirovent
Landlord Broadband