Mould in kitchen unit

You are here : Member Forums Campaigning and Policy Mould in kitchen unit
This topic has been locked as no posts have been made within the last 90 days.
Eddie Rhodes
5 Posts
0 Thanks
I have been informed by a tenant that following a weeks holiday, during which the property was unoccupied, she has reported that in one corner kitchen base unit where she kept her pans etc., all the contents were covered on green mould when she returned home. I have briefly investigated the problem and there are no signs of plumbing leakage or dampness. Although she has removed the contents and cleaned the base unit, there was a smell. I therefore advised her that in the absense of a plumbing leak or dampness, the problem must be due to lack of ventilation and very warm weather during her holidays. I have provided her with a mould killer for her to clean the unit and kill the mould.

She has occupied the property for 9 months without any previous signs of dampness, condensation or mould and the property had been revitalised to a very high standard. The tenant is certainly not a problem tenant but I am concerned about what I have read on line about the health implications of mould and massive claims against property owners in the US.

Can anyone throw some light on this subject?

Thanks, Eddie

09/07/2006 00:00

Want to read more?

This is a members only forum, if you want to read more you need to login to your membership, if you are not a member, click here to join.

This topic has been locked as no posts have been made within the last 90 days.
Landlord & Investment Show London Olympia 2019
Elfin Kitchens
Landlord Broadband
John Pye Auctions

Share this page