Transfer of joint to individual AST

You are here : Member Forums Tenancy Types and Management Transfer of joint to individual AST
This topic has been locked as no posts have been made within the last 90 days.
M
Mr Bad Example
3 Posts
0 Thanks
Good day all! My first post and I am hoping for a bit of advice please?

I have a tenant living in my property under a joint tenancy agreement with her ex-partner. Her partner has recently left her and she wants to remove his name from the tenancy agreement in order for her to claim full housing benefits.
I have no problem doing this for her, by either ending the current AST (which is now in its rolling phase) and giving her a new one, or by removing his name from the existing AST. However, I am not certain how to do either...
I have found the 'deed of assignment' form here on this site, but I read on another site that there needs to be a clause in the AST allowing for the assignment of tenancy for this to be used. I cannot find such a clause in our AST.
As for ending the tenancy agreement early, I cannot find a document that would support this at all.

Any help would be appreciated.
28/05/2015 16:31

Want to read more?

This is a members only forum, if you want to read more you need to login to your membership, if you are not a member, click here to join.

This topic has been locked as no posts have been made within the last 90 days.
Ideal Flatmate
Elfin Kitchens
Landlord Broadband
John Pye Auctions