Management contract with estate agent

You are here : Member Forums Letting Agents Management contract with estate agent
This topic has been locked as no posts have been made within the last 90 days.
C
Ciaran
5 Posts
0 Thanks
I used an estate agent to manage my flat starting on 30 4 2014. My usual manager was out of the country for 3 months so I needed someone local. I gave notice on 9 February 2015 by e mail that I would no longer need the management services at the end of the tenancy agreement i.e. 30 4 15.

"I am writing to let you know that when the current Tenancy Agreement's expire on the 2 flats I will no longer require the management service from B********* . This is not because I am dissatisfied with the service but I have a local handyman who will take over their management.

Flat 8ís tenancy expires on 31 March 2015 and Flat 13ís expires on 30th April 2015 "

The tenants renewed their tenancy in flat 13 and I asked the agent to prepare the TA and paid for it. The tenants have now given 2 months notice to leave end of July (agreed with me)

The agents however now say:
"As the tenants and you agreed a renewal the tenancy has not ended and will only cease when they vacate in July as per their notice they have now given"

This all seems ridiculous as I viewed the tenancy and the management agreement as separate entities. The tenants are now paying rent directly to me and until the tenant gave notice there wasn't a squeak from the agent about non payment of rent .

i simply want to get my keys back from the agent and wash my hands off the agents .

Any comments / advice gratefully received.
28/05/2015 22:30

Want to read more?

This is a members only forum, if you want to read more you need to login to your membership, if you are not a member, click here to join.

This topic has been locked as no posts have been made within the last 90 days.
Ideal Flatmate
Elfin Kitchens
Landlord Broadband
John Pye Auctions