Problem with noisy neighbours

You are here : Member Forums Other Problem with noisy neighbours
This topic has been locked as no posts have been made within the last 90 days.
M
2 Posts
0 Thanks
Hi
I wonder if you could give me some advice please.
BACKGROUND
I own a semi-detached rental property. My tenant has contacted me to say that she is having a problem with the adjoining neighbours (who are owner occupiers).
My tenant tells me that she asked the neighbours (politely) not to leave their car on her drive.
My property does not have a drive as such – but there is a single track private road to the front of the property with two designated parking spaces at the end of the road (one house along). The neighbour has their own drive to the non-adjoining side of their property.
Following the request, my tenant tells me that the neighbours have started making a lot of noise – running up and down stairs, playing loud music, banging doors and lots of ‘bumps’ and ‘bangs’.
My tenant works from home and says that the noise is affecting her health. She has spoken to the Council who has advised her to keep a diary for three months and also to advise me the Landlord.
ADVICE REQUIRED
1) I am not sure what to do to help solve the problem.
2) I am not sure what my Legal Obligations are as a Landlord.
Thanking you for your assistance.
31/05/2015 12:26

Want to read more?

This is a members only forum, if you want to read more you need to login to your membership, if you are not a member, click here to join.

This topic has been locked as no posts have been made within the last 90 days.
Landlord & Investment Show
Remove a Tenant
Landlord Broadband
John Pye Auctions