Join the Residential Landlords Association

Section 21

15 Posts
0 Thanks

I served section 21 in July (earlier section 8 as well). The tenant has not been paying rent since May and is refusing to move out. Now he is saying that he is looking for a property but is "unable to find it." And accusing me of not being considerate because I refused to use his deposit to pay his rent.
Is it a good idea to email him room adverts (in case we go to court as this is very likely), contact Council and Citizen Advice and ask them to find him another property? Once section 21 expires he will not move out and I will have to go to court so I need good evidence that I've been trying to help him. As far as I know he has a job and income. He will tell all sort of lies in court. He will also deny receiving the section 21. Please help.

06/08/2019 15:01

Want to read more?

This is a members only forum, if you want to read more you need to login to your membership, if you are not a member, click here to join.

Landlord & Investment Show London Olympia 2019
99 Homes
John Pye Auctions