Join the Residential Landlords Association

Questions for prospective tenant

You are here : Member Forums Other Questions for prospective tenant
This topic has been locked as no posts have been made within the last 90 days.
Member Lilychip
Member Lilychip
37 Posts
1 Thanks

Hi, looking for some experienced advice on questions to ask any prospective tenant. Can anyone suggest some a good set of questions to ask. We have just refurbished a lovely 3 bed and the gardener we used has been asking about letting to his daughter.

We had a similar situation with our last property and went ahead with a private let to a young couple. All went fine until they split up and we needed to go to the Guarantor to recoup the missed rent. Luckily we got all the backdated rent paid, but your can imagine our concern for any future lets. We've learnt a lot, so think if the prospective tenant gives us ay issues we could deal with it better than our first let.

We were considering using Openrent or Howsy to make things simpler and using their rent protection, referencing and others i.e. inventory check in services, however I've read mixed reviews online so would appreciate any personal experience. We're also still considering the high street agents, but I can't help hating the huge prices they charge.

So I thought I'd put a post on RLA, a good list of questions I could put to the gardeners daughter and then make an informed decision. I posted on here ages ago about my bad tenant and you were all brilliant and really helped me. Its great to have this forum with al you lovelies! So thank you all in advance for reading my post.

10/08/2019 18:01

Want to read more?

This is a members only forum, if you want to read more you need to login to your membership, if you are not a member, click here to join.

This topic has been locked as no posts have been made within the last 90 days.
Landlord & Investment Show London Olympia 2019
Residently
99 Homes
John Pye Auctions