Join the Residential Landlords Association

Letting Agents

You are here : Member Forums General Discussion Letting Agents
This topic has been locked as no posts have been made within the last 90 days.
Tennant Receipts
Tennant Receipts
6 Posts
3 Thanks

We have used a local letting agent to find a tenant for our first property 2 bedroom mid terrace house. The first agent we used just gave us continued negative feedback about our property for months, and never found any potential tenants so we brought in another agent who found 5 tenants within the space of a few weeks, amazing result.

Now 12 months on we purchased a more modern 2 bedroom flat, with garden great for renting out. So we used the same agent as before made sense, but after 2 months and 32 viewings we had just one offer and it fell through, fairly soon after, I mean this agent is really good at sales and are professional but I started to question what they were doing? So we brought in another agent, they found a professional couple within a week?

I think in the future we might just use 2 agents at first and let then play against each other. I was hoping just to use one and build up a good relationship, but this has proved not to work. has anybody else found this problem?

We manage our own properties and just use the agents to find tenants, do the various checks and arrange viewings.

Regards
D.Burke

11/08/2019 08:43

Want to read more?

This is a members only forum, if you want to read more you need to login to your membership, if you are not a member, click here to join.

This topic has been locked as no posts have been made within the last 90 days.
Landlord & Investment Show London Olympia 2019
Residently
99 Homes
John Pye Auctions