Making a Money Claim from Guarantor

You are here : Member Forums Guarantor Making a Money Claim from Guarantor
This topic has been locked as no posts have been made within the last 90 days.
J
john cooper
34 Posts
0 Thanks
My previous tenants were evicted recently leaving behind them damage, dirt and grime, unpaid rent and court costs. The mother of one of the tenants signed a Deed of Guarantee at the beginning of the tenancy for any debts/damage owed/caused. The amount owed to date is approximately 1100. I have compiled a property condition report which details the problems and remedial action taken. This is all cross-referenced to the breaches of tenancy agreement, supported with photographic evidence (before and after) and invoices. I have given her three weeks to pay the outstanding debt.

The covering letter and file has been served on the guarantor two days ago and today I received a phone call from her angry son. It was obvious that the conversation was not going to end well so I terminated it before he got too irate.

Has anyone gone through a similar process and could possibly offer some advice on my next course of action? I suspect she will take legal advice and so I would like to be prepared beforehand
12/06/2015 18:00

Want to read more?

This is a members only forum, if you want to read more you need to login to your membership, if you are not a member, click here to join.

This topic has been locked as no posts have been made within the last 90 days.
Ideal Flatmate
Elfin Kitchens
Landlord Broadband
John Pye Auctions