very demanding letting

You are here : Member Forums Other very demanding letting
This topic has been locked as no posts have been made within the last 90 days.
Forum Avatar
john_541
654 Posts
149 Thanks
I usually let my own properties but due to family circumstances Last year I used an agent just to find a tenant for a 2 bed flat and paid them 5% +vat although I was not very happy with with them they tried to charge extra administration charges and tried to put 4 people in the property when I only wanted 2 people and they did not send me the credit report until 2 days before the tenants moved and there were issues with that as well.
I did not sign an agreement with the agent and I used my own tenancy agreement and inventory etc. The agent just found the tenant and did the referencing.

The tenancy comes to an end in August and I am already getting phone calls and e mails from the agent telling me that the tenants want to renew their tenancy and I suspect that they will be looking for further commission which I do not think that they are entitled to have. I did not sign an agreement with the agent but he may have left one in the flat.
I really do not want to deal with this agent again and would appreciate your advice.
12/06/2015 18:46

Want to read more?

This is a members only forum, if you want to read more you need to login to your membership, if you are not a member, click here to join.

This topic has been locked as no posts have been made within the last 90 days.
Ideal Flatmate
Elfin Kitchens
Landlord Broadband
John Pye Auctions