Changing % of tenants in common

You are here : Member Forums Tax Planning and Financial Changing % of tenants in common
This topic has been locked as no posts have been made within the last 90 days.
A
Apg
1 Posts
0 Thanks
Hi, my wife and I are planning to buy a couple of btl houses (with mortgages) as tenants in common, so that we can hold unequal shares (99/1) to reduce the income tax liability since I'm a higher rate tax payer and she isn't.
So far so good - but planning ahead, when we eventually sell in 10 years+, we will want to use both our CGT allowances. So the plan will be to transfer some of my wife's share to me before any sale.
I can't see how to do this though; do we just update the declaration of trust and notify HMRC?
Since the original split is written on the land registry form when we buy the property, I would guess they want to be notified of the change of split, but I can't find any form or process that seems appropriate - so perhaps not?

If anyone has any experience of this, I'd be grateful for any insights please. ...

16/06/2015 20:44

Want to read more?

This is a members only forum, if you want to read more you need to login to your membership, if you are not a member, click here to join.

This topic has been locked as no posts have been made within the last 90 days.
Landlord & Investment Show
Martin Co
Envirovent
Landlord Broadband