Section 21 Notice

You are here : Member Forums Rent Arrears Section 21 Notice
This topic has been locked as no posts have been made within the last 90 days.
M
8 Posts
0 Thanks

I have seen the s21 notice that you state you have served. I have advised ****** that the s21 the notice is not valid .

Firstly during the first six months of an assured shorthold tenancy a s21 notice cannot take effect for six months (irrespective of the fact that in this case you have granted a an initial three month fixed term (see Housing Act 1988 s21 (5)

Secondly in any event a new tenancy has been granted to ***** to which the original s21 cannot apply. This is because he has been granted a tenancy of a new room at a different(higher) rent.

As you are no doubt aware once a s21 notice expires if the tenant does not leave then you as the landlord would be obliged to obtain a court order. For the reasons outlined above ***** could submit a defence and I have advised Mr Usher that I would fully expect such a defence to succeed.

I hope this clarifies this and I trust that this matter can be amicably resolved.

Yours sincerely

19/06/2015 17:27

Want to read more?

This is a members only forum, if you want to read more you need to login to your membership, if you are not a member, click here to join.

This topic has been locked as no posts have been made within the last 90 days.
Landlord & Investment Show
Martin Co
Envirovent
Landlord Broadband