Join the Residential Landlords Association

Troublesome council tenant upstairs

You are here : Member Forums Other Troublesome council tenant upstairs
This topic has been locked as no posts have been made within the last 90 days.
Kath W.
Kath W.
12 Posts
0 Thanks

Good morning,

I rent out a maisonette in Walthamstow, East London. This is on the ground floor and the next door gives access to the maisonette above me which is still owned by the council.

My current tenants are about to leave and I had secured new tenants. However, when they went to the property with my letting agent to measure up for their furniture, they were met by the tenant from the upstairs maisonette, shouting and swearing in an aggressive manner. I believe he does have special needs. He had flooded his bathroom in May and this caused damage to my maisonette underneath his.

My letting agent has put an official complaint in to the council and I have since been told that police have been called on several occasions because of this man's aggressive language.

Have you any advice about how I could get this man rehoused by the council, so that I am able to offer this maisonette to rent without the new tenants being frightened to live there. I think other landlords must have had similar problems and would be grateful if you can help me.

Best regards,
Kath

16/08/2019 11:14

Want to read more?

This is a members only forum, if you want to read more you need to login to your membership, if you are not a member, click here to join.

This topic has been locked as no posts have been made within the last 90 days.
Landlord & Investment Show London Olympia 2019
Residently
99 Homes
John Pye Auctions