Join the Residential Landlords Association

Annual Gas Safety Certificates - Proof of Tenant Receipt

You are here : Member Forums Possession - Section 8 and Section 21 Annual Gas Safety Certificates - Proof of Tenant Receipt
This topic has been locked as no posts have been made within the last 90 days.
Catman
Catman
12 Posts
0 Thanks

I have just read the recent RLA "Call of the Week" Advice Team article about the importance of obtaining proof from a tenant that the gas safety certificate was issued to them before they take occupancy, in order to protect rights to apply a section 21 possession. The article about the High Court ruling against a landlord for this also backs up the importance.

This is understood, but what about the issue of subsequent annual gas safety test certificates when the tenant remains in place on a periodic tenancy basis? Is it similarly necessary to ensure we obtain evidence of issuing subsequent annual gas safe test certificates to the tenant each year? I always hand a copy to my tenants each year and there is a paper trail that shows the gas engineer has visited. But I don't have the tenant sign a form to say their copy of the annual certificate has been received by them.

Is this a potential problem I need to get on top of?

Advice would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

22/08/2019 08:07

Want to read more?

This is a members only forum, if you want to read more you need to login to your membership, if you are not a member, click here to join.

This topic has been locked as no posts have been made within the last 90 days.
Landlord & Investment Show London Olympia 2019
Residently
99 Homes
John Pye Auctions