Deposit Protection Scheme Adjudication

You are here : Member Forums Tenancy Deposits Deposit Protection Scheme Adjudication
This topic has been locked as no posts have been made within the last 90 days.
T
Torry400
7 Posts
0 Thanks
I have just received an adjudication on a tenant's deposit in which the adjudicator has not taken account of material facts supplied - the tenant had already agreed to two parts of my claim but the adjudicator has stated that there is ambiguity in the tenant's claim. I cannot see any ambiguity as the tenant has clearly agreed in email correspondence with the agent, but in any case if there was ambiguity should it not have been resolved before the case went to the adjudicator? Other parts of the claim have simply arbitrarily been reduced by 50% without supplying any evidence or reasoning for the reduction. This is my first ever adjudication in which I was extremely reasonable and didn't even claim for missing items - do the TDS and other schemes not have to supply the rationale for reduction of claims? They have advised that I can make a "complaint" against them but this is my only course of action.
I had, rather naively, thought that adjudication was neutral and that it was based on evidence supplied by both parties. Does anyone else have experience of this and, if so, can the deposit scheme be held to account for shoddy case work and adjudication?
01/07/2015 17:34

Want to read more?

This is a members only forum, if you want to read more you need to login to your membership, if you are not a member, click here to join.

This topic has been locked as no posts have been made within the last 90 days.
Landlord & Investment Show
Martin Co
Six Hills House
Landlord Broadband