Rent increase

You are here : Member Forums Tenancy Types and Management Rent increase
This topic has been locked as no posts have been made within the last 90 days.
L
Livvy1
3 Posts
0 Thanks
Hi, I've got a tenant that has been living in my property for over a year. I've issued a rent increase and given a month's notice to my tenant. The first month's rent to include the increase has passed but not paid in full. The tenant then questioned that her boyfriend could move in to which I agreed only if they agreed to signing a new agreement committing to a minimum of 6 months at the increased rate. They are not willing to commit so therefore I have made it clear that the boyfriend cannot move in. If this is the state of play the existing agreement remains and the rent increase still stands, but the tenant is stating that she cannot afford it. She doesn't want to give notice. Firstly, am I correct in what I'm doing? And do I now serve her notice? Am I within my rights? Please someone help as there seems no mediation possible and the tenant was paying way below market value anyway and still is.
05/07/2015 12:45

Want to read more?

This is a members only forum, if you want to read more you need to login to your membership, if you are not a member, click here to join.

This topic has been locked as no posts have been made within the last 90 days.
Landlord & Investment Show
Martin Co
Six Hills House
Landlord Broadband