Join the Residential Landlords Association

How to Calculate "daily rate of rent and interest" for S8 Particulars of Claim form?

You are here : Member Forums Possession - Section 8 and Section 21 How to Calculate "daily rate of rent and interest" for S8 Particulars of Claim form?
Bookworm
Bookworm
31 Posts
0 Thanks

Practice Direction 55A for Possession Claims says under 55.4 Particulars of Claim 2.3 (3) that Particulars of Claim form must set out the daily rate of rent and interest.

I am unsure how to do this.
I know the daily rate of rent- I have taken the monthly rental amount, x 12 to get the annual value, then divided by 365 to get the daily value.

The AST specifies interest of 3% above BoE base rate will be payable on any rent more then 14 days overdue from date which it fell due until date when paid.

Can anyone advise the calculation I should use? I don't want to get it wrong and lose my case on a technicality.... is it easier if I forgo the interest and just go with the daily value?

02/09/2019 12:41

Want to read more?

This is a members only forum, if you want to read more you need to login to your membership, if you are not a member, click here to join.

Landlord & Investment Show London Olympia 2019
Residently
99 Homes
John Pye Auctions