Join the Residential Landlords Association

How to Calculate "daily rate of rent and interest" for S8 Particulars of Claim form?

You are here : Member Forums Possession - Section 8 and Section 21 How to Calculate "daily rate of rent and interest" for S8 Particulars of Claim form?
This topic has been locked as no posts have been made within the last 90 days.
Bookworm
Bookworm
41 Posts
1 Thanks

Practice Direction 55A for Possession Claims says under 55.4 Particulars of Claim 2.3 (3) that Particulars of Claim form must set out the daily rate of rent and interest.

I am unsure how to do this.
I know the daily rate of rent- I have taken the monthly rental amount, x 12 to get the annual value, then divided by 365 to get the daily value.

The AST specifies interest of 3% above BoE base rate will be payable on any rent more then 14 days overdue from date which it fell due until date when paid.

Can anyone advise the calculation I should use? I don't want to get it wrong and lose my case on a technicality.... is it easier if I forgo the interest and just go with the daily value?

02/09/2019 12:41

Want to read more?

This is a members only forum, if you want to read more you need to login to your membership, if you are not a member, click here to join.

This topic has been locked as no posts have been made within the last 90 days.
Landlord & Investment Show London Olympia 2019
Residently
99 Homes
John Pye Auctions