Local council breaches the housing act and the guide to homelessness guidence

You are here : Member Forums Possession - Section 8 and Section 21 Local council breaches the housing act and the guide to homelessness guidence
This topic has been locked as no posts have been made within the last 90 days.
P
Peter Sim
12 Posts
0 Thanks
Hi

I have taken Barnsley metropolitan Borough Council to the small claims court for loss of rent due to advice given that I believe breaches both the housing act and the homelessness guide. I have served a section 21 and a section 8 on a tenant. This meant that they were with in 28 days of being made homeless. The council informed them that they must stay in the property until I have a possession order. They did not contact the landlord ( they did the agent ) who told them we wanted them pout as they were over 2 months in arrears and had been in arrears for over 6 months

Im just waiting for the court date now as Barnsley have moved to strike the claim. Have you any support information or case law that you are aware of that I can use on top om my claim bundle that I have put together please
Regards

Peter Simmons
20/07/2015 22:36

Want to read more?

This is a members only forum, if you want to read more you need to login to your membership, if you are not a member, click here to join.

This topic has been locked as no posts have been made within the last 90 days.
Landlord & Investment Show
Martin Co
Six Hills House
Landlord Broadband