Tenant stealing from coin meter

You are here : Member Forums Rent Arrears Tenant stealing from coin meter
This topic has been locked as no posts have been made within the last 90 days.
C
Castle Man
11 Posts
0 Thanks
I have a 4 bed HMO, with a common electricity supply which I pay for. Each room has its own coin-op meter where the tenant pays 1 coins on a PAYG basis. I collect coins monthly and pay the main bill on a Direct Debit.
When I went to empty room 2, after givibg two days notice in writing, I found the padlock open and damaged (key no longer fits) and all the coins missing. My records of the coin counter show there should have been 57 in there. I have advised the tenant he must repay immediately or I report him to the Police. So far he has not done so.
This is clearly a criminal matter unreated to non-payment of rent, or any of the civil fluffy stuff that protects him on that front - how should I proceed? A formal written report to the police, a visit or what?
NB he is under an expored S21 notice and I am also planning to issue court papers to have him evicted and pursude for unpaid rent.
27/07/2015 14:49

Want to read more?

This is a members only forum, if you want to read more you need to login to your membership, if you are not a member, click here to join.

This topic has been locked as no posts have been made within the last 90 days.
Landlord & Investment Show
Martin Co
Six Hills House
Landlord Broadband