Join the Residential Landlords Association

Cost for Emergency remedial action from council

You are here : Member Forums Other Cost for Emergency remedial action from council
3 Posts
0 Thanks

My tenant called me about some burning sockets last Christmas when I was abroad. I asked an electrician to tell her how to make the place safe first because it was late at night. The next evening, another electrician went to the house to repair the problem but he was refused entry and threatened by the tenant's boyfriend.

The tenant told me that she had asked the council to sort the problem out when I came back from holiday a few days later and did not need me to do anything.

The tenant told me that the contractor from the council did not come back to rentify the problem after taking two burning fuse out when he first came. So I paid £80 for an electrician to do a safety check as well as replaced two missing fuse in January this year.

I received a bill of £532.90 for contractors cost and establishment charge from the council in July.

What shall I appeal for the cost?

10/09/2019 14:31

Want to read more?

This is a members only forum, if you want to read more you need to login to your membership, if you are not a member, click here to join.

Landlord & Investment Show London Olympia 2019
99 Homes
John Pye Auctions