Join the Residential Landlords Association

One tenant moving out of joint tenancy

You are here : Member Forums Possession - Section 8 and Section 21 One tenant moving out of joint tenancy
This topic has been locked as no posts have been made within the last 90 days.
Maddy
Maddy
2 Posts
0 Thanks

Hi,

I have a 2BHK flat which was rented to mother-daughter (both working adults) on a joint tenancy. The daughter has now informed us that she has moved out of the property and asked us to end her tenancy. The following is the email which the daughter has sent to us on 8-Sep-2019:
Dear (my name),
As per the discussion with you over the phone, I (Daughter Name) would like to end the tenancy and have accordingly left the property, (property address) on 1-Sep-2019. I have also amended the council tax for the flat accordingly.

My mother (mother's name) (copied on this email), who is named on the tenancy agreement and is still living in the property has consented with this.
[End of email]

My question is that does the joint tenancy automatically end by way of this notice. If yes then do we need to give any notice to the mother for her to move out as she is still in the property. we also have an email from the mother confirming this.

10/09/2019 19:11

Want to read more?

This is a members only forum, if you want to read more you need to login to your membership, if you are not a member, click here to join.

This topic has been locked as no posts have been made within the last 90 days.
Landlord & Investment Show London Olympia 2019
Residently
99 Homes
John Pye Auctions