Join the Residential Landlords Association

Redress Scheme for unprotected deposit

You are here : Member Forums Letting Agents Redress Scheme for unprotected deposit
This topic has been locked as no posts have been made within the last 90 days.
ShireLandlady
ShireLandlady
6 Posts
0 Thanks

Hi Everyone

I had an agent manage my first BTL property back in 2016, they left the deposit scheme and did not protect the deposit again. After problems I changed agent and after more problems decided to take the managing on myself.
Recently the bath seal needed replacing and tenant did not notify me and carried on as if there was no problem. The adjacent bedroom became full of damp she only told me when she had an ant infestation. Thankfully she has moved out on the 4th Sept 2019 and through an agent that I asked to do check out she offered £850 and kept the rest. Now I have access to my property I've seen the original bedroom floor under the flooring has gone completely rotten. Her dog has also chewed skirting boards and doors, even damaged walls.
I have no third party to dispute anything with and the £850 is not going to cover this. Which way if any can I recoup my losses?
Many thanks

11/09/2019 17:58

Want to read more?

This is a members only forum, if you want to read more you need to login to your membership, if you are not a member, click here to join.

This topic has been locked as no posts have been made within the last 90 days.
Landlord & Investment Show London Olympia 2019
Residently
99 Homes
John Pye Auctions