Join the Residential Landlords Association

Legal costs and rent protection insurance

You are here : Member Forums Other Legal costs and rent protection insurance
bucksandfizz
bucksandfizz
18 Posts
1 Thanks

Hello
Every year I switch my landlord buildings and contents insurance policies as I believed this was good practice to keep premiums down.

However I have discovered that it doesn't seem to matter what I've typed in on the 'go compare' websites - I've ended up with new insurance that is far more stricter than my old policy in relation to legal costs cover

So now I don't think I will be covered for legal costs because of the stricter criteria

e.g.
Before I just needed to obtain a tenant reference, I have mostly done this through phone calls and email in the past.....but my new policy states the tenant reference must be on company headed paper.

Before I only needed to credit check tenants if I wanted the rent protection, but my new policy states I should credit check all tenants using specific credit checking agencies.

I've basically messed up - and I'm wondering I anyone knows of a good provider of legal costs and rent protection insurance - as tagging it on to my buildings and contents insurance isn't working for me. I would just like a block policy for all my tenants if poss - where I can keep tabs on the specific criteria.

A side issue is that I have claimed once under the legal costs via my landlord insurance policy and whilst I met the criteria (at that point) the solicitors handling the case are rubbish. So a policy linked to good solicitors would be ideal.

If anyone could point me in the right direction I would appreciate it :)

15/09/2019 16:28

Want to read more?

This is a members only forum, if you want to read more you need to login to your membership, if you are not a member, click here to join.

Landlord & Investment Show London Olympia 2019
Residently
99 Homes
John Pye Auctions